Yesterday after Liturgy at St. Thomas, Mother Sergia said she and Mother Alexandra had some things they wanted to give to the mission effort in Rolla. They then proceeded to have three large boxes of liturgical items brought into the church to present to us. They said that many of the items had been given to them while they were working to get the monastery established (Presentation of the Virgin Monastery, just outside of Marshfield, MO), but that they were overjoyed to recycle them to us.
We’ll post a few pictures soon, but the items given include:
- A dozen tea-light votives
- Two dozen oil votives in seasonal colors
- Several brass and crystal candle holders
- A box of large white candles
- One large hanging lampada
- Two glass cruets for the proskomedia table
- One small glass pitcher
- Two brass candelabras
- One brass antideron bowl
- A hanging reader’s lamp
- A Paschal three-candle holder
- Half dozen carafes (for coffee hour)
Mother Sergia called yesterday afternoon and said they also have a reader’s stand for us. We’re beyond grateful for their incredible generosity, and for their daily prayers.
If you or your parish have something you think might benefit the mission in Rolla, please see our Recycle page for our wish-lists and how to give.